Aztec Chocolate Bark with Ancho Chili
The most satisfying combination of spicy and sweet comes together with this new world chocolate bark featuring ancho red chilies and bittersweet chocolate pieces, all topped with toasted pistachios and candied ginger. This Aztec chocolate bark is packing the heat!
Share with your friends
- 2/3 cup raw, unsalted pepitas
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 3/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped and divided
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ancho Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cloves Ground
- 3/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast pepitas for 4 to 5 minutes, until fragrant and just beginning to pop. Transfer to plate and let cool.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate, stirring often to avoid burning. Once melted, fold in Ancho chili powder, clove, cinnamon, cayenne, ½ cup pistachios and ½ cup toasted pepitas.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle remaining pepitas, pistachios and candied ginger on top. Lightly press into the chocolate, then refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour or freeze for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once cool, break into pieces and enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.