Apple Nachos with Spiced Nut Butter
Experience classic holiday seasonings in a new way with these apple nachos drizzled with spiced nut butter. Simply elegant as a snack, appetizer or dessert, these nachos are vegan, gluten free, and loaded with fruit, nuts, coconut and a hint of chocolate.
Share with your friends
- 5 to 6 green apples, cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup nut butter (cashew, almond or peanut)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided*
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, then lay apples flat on a plate or serving tray.
- In the top of a double boiler or heat-proof bowl placed over a pot of barely simmering water, warm nut butter with 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil until melted. Mix in ginger, nutmeg and cloves and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Using a spoon, drizzle spiced nut butter over apples.
- Wash top pan of double boiler or heat-proof bowl and place again over simmering water. Add dark chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut oil, stirring until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over apples.
- Top apple nachos with coconut flakes and slivered almonds, and serve.