Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl with Black Sesame
A simple Asian-inspired marinade with black sesame seeds enlivens this ahi tuna poke bowl recipe that's packed with fresh vegetables and luscious pineapple.
Share with your friends
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Sesame Seed, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seed, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups steamed rice (jasmine or brown rice) or quinoa
- 2 cups greens, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sriracha sauce, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger and crushed red pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Add ahi tuna and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 10 to 30 minutes. Add sesame and black sesame seed.
- Divide rice or quinoa, greens, avocado, cucumber, carrot, pineapple and ahi tuna among bowls (this recipe makes 4 bowls). Garnish with scallions, sesame seed, cilantro, sriracha sauce and a squeeze of lime.