Ginger Snap Crinkle Cookies
We may have been a little influenced by nostalgia, but we think you’ll understand with this ginger snap cookie recipe. Expertly spiced with our organic cinnamon, ginger and cloves, smoothed with molasses and a touch of our pure Madagascar vanilla extract, these crispy-edged crinkle cookies will not disappoint.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon, divided
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon cane sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Into a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and the ½ cup sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla and molasses.
- Sift half the dry mixture into wet ingredients and beat until combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and blend well.
- Roll dough into small balls, then roll into cinnamon sugar. If dough seems too wet to roll, chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking rack, and enjoy!