Ginger Orange Salmon with Pomegranate Seeds
Total Time: 00h 30m
Hands-on Time: 00h 15m
Makes: 4 servings
Baked salmon gets big flavor with roasted orange slices, pomegranate seeds and organic spices.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (or juice from an orange)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound wild-caught salmon (such as sockeye or coho), cut into 4-ounce pieces
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice and honey. Generously brush mixture onto salmon fillets.
- In another small bowl, whisk together dried spices and sprinkle over salmon.
- Place 1 orange slice on top of each fillet. Brush orange slices with remaining oil and orange juice mixture, then bake for 12 minutes. Turn oven off and turn broiler on low. Broil salmon for 3 to 4 minutes, until tops of oranges and salmon are caramelized.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon and how close your salmon is to the broiler.
- To have the spice mixture ready to go when you need it, prepare it ahead of time and store in an air-tight jar at room temperature. It can also be used on other varieties of fish.
- To save clean-up time, cover baking sheet with parchment paper before adding salmon.