Garlic and Herb Roasted Cauliflower Casserole
A casserole usually gets its creamy richness from a heavy dose of cream or sour cream. This fresh casserole recipe is lightened up with Greek yogurt, then brought to life with organic garlic and herbs.
Share with your friends
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 package Simply Organic® Garlic & Herb Vegetable Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water with a steamer basket inside to a boil. Add cauliflower to basket and steam for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until onions are coated. Slowly add milk and whisk constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add seasoning mix, cheese and Greek yogurt. Stir until well combined.
- Add steamed cauliflower and gently stir until cauliflower is coated. If using an oven-safe skillet, place in oven. Otherwise, transfer to a casserole dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.