Eggnog Sugar Cookies
A spiced fusion of holiday favorites, this eggnog sugar cookies recipe is just what your dessert table has been missing.
Makes 24 cookies.
Share with your friends
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out dough
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until well combined, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together, then add egg, vanilla and eggnog. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, place cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Frost if desired.
- To save time and/or if you're happy with round rather than shaped cookies, simply form dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet instead of rolling out and cutting dough.