Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
These roasted chickpeas are a snack that can be enjoyed by all as substitute for nuts or crackers. You can also make a trail mix of popcorn, roasted chickpeas and dried fruit for a treat.
Share with your friends
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Chili Powder
- 1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned, drained, rinsed and dried)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil, or olive oil spray/mist
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- On a baking sheet, combine chickpeas and olive oil. Toss until evenly coated, and spread chickpeas out in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture and use a spoon to toss again until evenly coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Turn chickpeas and roast for another 15 to 25 minutes, until deep golden brown and crunchy.
- Try with different spices, too — they can be anything you like and as much or as little as you want. Rosemary, a little salt and pepper are lovely. Use ginger, red chili flakes, salt and sesame seeds for an Asian twist. Garlic and herbs are wonderful too — the possibilities are endless!
- Chickpeas are best if eaten the same day they're roasted as they will soften with time.