Crème Brûlée Loaf with Madagascar Vanilla
A gorgeous, swirled loaf featuring the creamy lusciousness of crème brûlée, made even more exquisite with the warm flavor of pure Madagascar vanilla.
Share with your friends
- For the Cream Cheese Swirl:
- ¾ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste
- For the Loaf:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and oil lightly.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla bean paste and mix until well combined, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vanilla extract, egg, whole milk, Greek yogurt and avocado oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Using a sturdy spoon, mix into a batter, which will be quite thick.
- Into prepared loaf pan, add half of the batter. Spoon about two-thirds of the cream cheese mixture onto batter and, using a butter knife, swirl cream cheese through batter. Be careful not to over-swirl — leave thick ribbons of cream cheese.
- Pour remaining batter over cream cheese layer and smooth top. Dollop remaining cream cheese mixture on top, swirling it slightly into the batter.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with sugar.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean. Remove from pan, place on a baking rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store loaf, covered, for up to 1 day at room temperature or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Don’t have Greek yogurt? Substitute with sour cream.
- If the cream cheese is not softened enough to stir easily, try microwaving on 50% power in 15-second intervals until softened.