Creamy Curry Tofu Noodle Bowl
This luscious and satisfying vegan curry noodle bowl recipe features well-seasoned crisp tofu, colorful fresh veggies and an exceptionally tasty curry-ginger sauce that brings it all together.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE BOWL:
- 8 ounces rice noodles (Pho style)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 block firm, pressed tofu, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Curry Powder
- Pinch of sea or pink Himalayan salt
- Pinch of Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 large red pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic® Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- FOR TOPPING:
- Fresh basil
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges (optional)
- In a large pot, add water to two-thirds full and bring to a boil. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or pot, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat; add tofu cubes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side.Gently season with curry powder, salt and pepper, and cook until each side is golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining sesame oil on medium heat; add carrots, green onions and red peppers and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- In a medium mixing bowl or small pot add soy sauce, curry powder, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, chili paste and ginger.Whisk to combine.
- Add cooked noodles to pan containing vegetable mixture, then add soy-curry sauce, spinach and coconut cream. Cook for another 2 minutes, just until ingredients are combined and warm, being careful not to over-cook noodles.
- Serve with fresh, basil, cilantro, lime and the gorgeous crispy tofu cubes.