Chicken Kale Caesar Salad
Enjoy the flavors of traditional Caesar salad with a twist. In this version, we switch romaine for bright green kale, and add chicken and juicy tomatoes. Serve in a jar with Simply Organic Caesar dressing on the bottom for a portable meal.
1 cup bread, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
Frontier Sea Salt and Simply Organic Black Pepper
, to taste
1 package Simply Organic Classic Caesar Dressing Mix
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch kale, washed and torn removing thick stem
1/2 lemon, juiced
Dash of Frontier Sea Salt
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 pint jars, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine bread cubes, olive oil, salt and pepper, and gently mix. Add bread cubes to baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes or until crispy.
3. Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding Classic Caesar packet, milk and Greek yogurt to a small bowl or jar with a lid and mix.
4. Add kale to a medium size bowl, squeeze lemon over kale, sprinkle with remaining salt and massage with hands until it turns a bright green. This helps takes the bitterness out of the kale.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of Caesar dressing to each jar. Evenly divide the cooked chicken, tomatoes, kale, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Add to jars.
6. Serve immediately or top with lids and refrigerate until ready to eat. To serve, pour salad onto a plate.
Classic Caesar Dressing
Hail Caesar! A dressing that has stood the test of time – now in a convenient mix with the full, fresh flavor of wholesome organic ingredients.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes