Chai Spiced Cheesecake Tarts
Great for entertaining, let these chai-spiced cheesecake tarts be your go-to dessert! Perfectly-sized, these petite treats feature a gingersnap-pecan crust with a cream cheese base laced with warm organic spices and aromatic vanilla beans.
Share with your friends
- 4 cups gingersnaps
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Beans, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger, divided
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 teaspoons water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cloves
- 3 eggs
- 8 pecan halves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine gingersnaps, pecans, almond meal, scrapings of 2 vanilla beans, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, coconut oil and water. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped and sticks together when pressed.
- Using a spoon or your fingers, divide and press crust evenly between 8 lightly greased tart molds, then refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Using an electric or stand mixer, beat until smooth.
- Add cane sugar and brown sugar, then whip until well combined. Add cinnamon, remaining 1/2 teaspoon ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, clove and scrapings of remaining vanilla bean. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Remove tart molds lined with crust from refrigerator and divide filling evenly among them. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow tarts to cool until room temperature, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- When you're ready to serve, dust each tart with cinnamon and nutmeg, then garnish with pecan halves.