Carrot Ribbon Salad with Middle Eastern Spiced Dressing
A fresh, colorful carrot ribbon salad recipe — with creamy feta cheese and crunchy pistachios, tossed in a tangy dressing featuring cumin, coriander and bright paprika. This Middle Eastern-inspired side dish easily compliments fish or chicken, and comes together quickly enough to be a great weeknight standby.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 3/4 cup raw pistachios, shelled
- 8 large carrots (about 1 pound), peeled
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for garnish
- Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seed, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a small, rimmed baking sheet, spread pistachios evenly and toast for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave carrots into thin ribbons.
- In a large salad bowl, combine carrot ribbons, toasted pistachios and parsley. Toss until well combined.
- Toss salad with dressing, then gently fold in feta.
- Serve in small bowls, garnished with parsley, feta and black sesame seed.