Brussels Sprouts with Sage Brown Butter
Total Time: 00h 45m
Hands-on Time: 00h 15m
Makes: 4 servings
A simple roasted Brussels sprouts recipe, perfectly paired with a sage brown butter sauce.
Share with your friends
- For the Brussels Sprouts:
- 20 (about 1 1⁄2 pounds) Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- For the Sage Brown Butter:
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- On baking sheet, evenly spread Brussels sprouts cut-side down. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sage and garlic powder. Cook, checking frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown but not burnt.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and stir until well blended, then pour into a serving bowl.
- Thread about 5 Brussels sprout halves through each of 8 skewers. Serve immediately with brown butter.