Black Bean Chili with Acorn Squash and Toasted Pepitas
Black beans share the spotlight with sweet acorn squash, toasted pepitas and fire roasted tomatoes in this black bean chili recipe. Chili powder, cumin, chipotle powder and crushed red pepper bring the heat.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- Toasted pepitas, for topping
- Sliced green onion, for topping
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add acorn squash and onion. Sauté, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent. Add black beans, vegetable broth, tomato paste and fire-roasted tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine spices and stir until well combined. Add to chili pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Top with toasted pepitas and green onion. Serve hot.