Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Give your baked sweet potato fries recipe a spicy Southwest kick with this luscious blend of spices, cooled down with a perfectly paired, easy dip mix.
Share with your friends
- 1 package Simply Organic® Ranch or Creamy Dill Dip Mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for baking sheets
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, to taste (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine dip mix and sour cream. Stir until well combined, then place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chilled.
- In another bowl, place sweet potatoes and cover with water. Let sit for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and coat 2 baking sheets with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Towel-dry the sweet potatoes and add them to the bowl of spices. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss until coated.
- Onto each baking sheet, spread seasoned sweet potatoes in an even layer. Bake until sweet potatoes start to brown slightly, then flip and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, sprinkle with salt (if desired) and serve with dip.
- If the sweet potatoes stick to the pan making them difficult to flip, let them cool slightly before flipping.
- For a healthier take on nachos, use one of our Guacamole Mix Sauces for dipping.