Asparagus Frittata with Thyme
Thyme and paprika perfectly complement this Mediterranean take on the beloved asparagus frittata recipe made with creamy feta and sun-dried tomatoes.
Share with your friends
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1 pinch Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Paprika
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, 1 pinch salt and 1 pinch pepper. Whisk until well combined, then stir in feta cheese and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add leeks and sauté, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add thyme, paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in asparagus and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute, then remove from heat and divide vegetable mixture among muffin pan cups.
- Evenly pour egg mixture over vegetables, then bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Garnish with grape tomatoes and arugula, then serve.
- For 1 whole frittata instead of multiple mini frittatas, cook the vegetables in an oven-safe skillet, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until eggs are set.