Apple Oatmeal Cookie Cups with Allspice
Put the finishing touch on your meal with this oatmeal cookie cups recipe — stuffed with an apple filling and warmly spiced with cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
Share with your friends
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon cane sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Simply Organic® Cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 medium-sized granny smith apples, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup organic cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup cane sugar. Use an electric mixer to mix until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat for 20 seconds, just until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Mix on low until well combined, then stir in oats.
- In a muffin pan greased with cooking spray, fill each cup with about 3 tablespoons dough, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine apples, water, lemon juice, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Bring to a boil, then add cornstarch and stir until completely dissolved.
- Over low heat, cook for about 7 minutes, until apples are soft and sauce is thick. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the top of a Simply Organic spice bottle with cap on, press center of each ball of dough down so sides rise up to create a cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown and almost set.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine whipping cream, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, remaining 1 tablespoon cane sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Use an electric mixer to beat until whipped.
- Remove cookie cups from oven and use spice bottle to press down center of each cookie cup again.
- Let sit for 4 to 5 minutes (not more than that or they may begin to crumble), then use a large spoon to carefully scoop cups from pan. Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Fill each cookie cup with apple filling and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve warm.
- Use any leftover apple filling on oatmeal, ice cream or yogurt.