7-Layer Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
This simple 7-layer dip takes us to the Mediterranean with hummus, red bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black olives, artichokes, feta cheese, organic oregano and pita chips!
Share with your friends
- 20 ounces plain hummus (store bought or homemade)
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke heart halves, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 block (8 ounces) feta cheese
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Into bottom of medium-size baking dish or casserole-style dish, spoon hummus, then stir in oregano, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread spiced hummus over bottom of dish until fully covered.
- Layer bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle cheese over top, then a pinch of additional oregano, if desired.
- To make the pita chips, preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss pita wedges with olive oil and salt. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy.
- Serve immediately, or store dip, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days, and store chips in an airtight container at room temperature until serving. For extra flavor, sprinkle pita chips with oregano and garlic powder before baking.