4 baking potatoes, rinsed and poked several times with a fork
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetarian bacon bits
1 package Simply Organic Italian Dressing Mix
Sliced green onions or chives, for garnish
Sour cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, place potatoes. Bake for 1 hour, until soft.
3. In a small bowl, combine cheese, butter, vegetarian bacon bits and dressing mix. Stir until well combined.
4. Slice baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out potato flesh, leaving 1/4 inch along the edges of the skin. Lay potato halves skin-side down on baking sheet and fill each with cheese mixture. Return to oven and broil for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
5. Garnish with green onions or chives and serve with sour cream.