Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon 2.08 oz
- SO Thyme leaf organic
1 baguette, cut into 1-inch slices (about 16 slices)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 8-ounce wedge brie cheese, cut into same number of slices as baguette (rind removed, if desired)
4 tablespoons butter
3 to 4 medium-large apples, cut into same number of slices as baguette (leave skins on)
2 heaping tablespoons sugar
1 cup balsamic vinegar
honey, for garnsh
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1. In a small saucepan, heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat. Bring the vinegar to a lively simmer, then reduce to a slight simmer.
2. Simmer the vinegar for about 10 minutes, until reduced in half.
3. Set away from heat.
FOR THE BREAD
1. Turn the broiler on low.
2. On a cookie sheet, spread the baguette slices and brush each slice with olive oil. Place the baguette under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp.
3. Remove from underneath broiler and place brie slices on the warm bread.
FOR THE CARAMELIZED APPLES
1. While the bread crisps, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
2. Once melted, add the apples.
3. Stirring frequently, sauté for 7 to 9 minutes, until soft.
4. Over the apples, sprinkle sugar, gently folding it into the apples for about 3 minutes, until caramelized. Remove from heat.
1. On top of each brie slice, place an apple slice.
2. Top with thyme, balsamic reduction and honey. Serve warm.
For extra cinnamon flavor, add 1 cinnamon stick to the balsamic reduction during the cooking process. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.