2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Five Spice Powder, plus more for finishing
2 pounds chicken wings
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch
Sea or pink Himalayan salt, black pepper and sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and five spice powder. Add chicken wings and toss, then let marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a wire rack inside a lined rimmed baking sheet.
- In a sealable bag, combine baking powder and potato starch or cornstarch. Remove chicken wings from marinade and place in bag.
- Close bag and shake until wings are thoroughly coated.
- Lay wings on prepared rack and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Season with a generous sprinkling of five spice powder, salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with green onions and serve hot.