2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Five Spice Powder
2 pounds chicken wings
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch
Additional Simply Organic Five Spice Powder, salt, black pepper and sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
1. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and five spice powder. Toss the chicken wings and let it marinate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a wire rack inside a lined rimmed baking sheet.
3. In a ziplock bag, combine baking powder and potato starch or cornstarch. Remove chicken wings from the marinade and place in the ziplock bag.
4. Close the bag and shake until the wings are thoroughly coated in baking powder and starch.
5. On the prepared rack, lay the wings and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
6. Season with a generous sprinkling of five spice powder, salt and pepper, if desired.
7. Garnish with green onions and serve hot.