FOR THE BUDDHA BOWLS:
1 1/2 cups chickpeas, cooked
2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin
Sea salt, to taste
Simply Organic Black Pepper, to taste
2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Chili Powder
1/4 red onion, finely diced
4 cups kale, washed and stems removed
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
FOR THE DRESSING:
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
Juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Sea salt, to taste
FOR THE GARNISH (OPTIONAL):
Simply Organic Cayenne
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, spread chickpeas and 1 clove minced garlic, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss until chickpeas and garlic are evenly coated.
- On a separate baking sheet, spread butternut squash and remaining 1 clove minced garlic, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss until squash and garlic are evenly coated.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven. Bake chickpeas for 15 minutes and squash for 25 minutes, until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté onion until almost translucent. Add kale, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sauté for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, just until kale is partially cooked.
- Into a medium pot over medium-high heat, combine water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until all the water has absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, cilantro and salt. Blend until smooth. Add water by the tablespoon until desired consistency is achieved.
- Combine chickpeas, squash, kale and quinoa. Portion into serving bowls. Drizzle dressing over top. Garnish with micro sprouts, pine nuts, radishes and cayenne, if desired.
To Make the Buddha Bowls:
To Make the Dressing:
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz. SKU: 18761$5.59
Simply Organic Simply Organic Cumin Seed, Ground 2.31 oz. SKU: 18514$5.99
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Pepper, Medium Grind 2.31 oz. SKU: 18523$6.99
Simply Organic Simply Organic Chili Powder 2.89 oz. SKU: 18760$5.99
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz. SKU: 18516$8.31