1 cup dry couscous
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Simply Organic Baharat Seasoning
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
1 medium sweet potato, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can (14 ounces) chopped tomatoes
1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
Fresh mint, chopped, for serving
1. Prepare couscous according to directions on package. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add tomato paste, Baharat Seasoning, paprika and red pepper flakes, stirring until a paste forms.
4. Add sweet potato, carrots, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato sauce and maple syrup.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Add salt to taste. Adjust seasonings and add more red pepper flakes for a little extra heat, if desired.
6. Serve over couscous. Garnish with chopped mint.