FOR THE DRESSING;
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, defrost until soft)
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
A pinch of salt
FOR THE TOASTED PECANS:
1/2 cup toasted pecans (*see directions for toasting)
FOR THE SALD:
2 cups sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped (peeled, if desired)
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped (about 2 1⁄2 cups)
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
7-8 cups packed baby spinach (or a baby spinach and arugula combo, if desired)
1 cup apple slices (any mild, sweet variety)
1 cup pear slices (any variety)
1/2 cup Feta cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
1. In a high-speed blender, combine olive oil, cranberries, apple cider vinegar, honey, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and pulse for about 60 seconds, until mixture is creamy and smooth.
2. Pour salad dressing over the salad until lightly dressed.
FOR THE TOASTED PECANS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a greased skillet, scatter pecans in a single layer.
3. Bake pecans in oven for 15 minutes, checking on them after about 7 minutes, until well toasted and fragrant.
4. Allow to cool before adding to salad.
FOR THE SALAD
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. On a greased baking sheet, place the sweet potatoes and butternut squash, then sprinkle with salt and toss with olive oil.
3. Roast the sweet potatoes and butternut squash for 20 to 30 minutes, until soft with slightly crispy corners.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. In a large salad bowl, gently combine sweet potatoes, butternut squash, salt, olive oil, baby spinach, apple slices, pear slices, and feta, being careful not to bruise the pears.
For a savory-sweet flavor, substitute Gorgonzola cheese for the Feta. Substitute red or white wine vinegar for the apple cider vinegar, if desired.
If you have leftover dressing, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.