3/4 cup dry quinoa
2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ancho Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, plus more to taste
2 cans (15.5 ounces each) low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced, no-salt-added fire-roasted tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon minced lemon zest
2 cups baby arugula
Crumbled feta, for serving (optional)
Fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, toast quinoa, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, until fragrant and toasty.
2. Stir in 1 1/2 cups broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 12 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and fluff with a fork.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onion for 4 to 5 minutes, until softened and starting to brown. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
4. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup broth, chickpeas and tomatoes. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in zest and season with salt, to taste.
5. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add eggs and reduce heat to low. Lightly season with salt and cook until whites are set. Gently flip eggs and cook until desired doneness is achieved.
6. Divide quinoa, chickpea mixture and arugula among bowls. Top each bowl with a cooked egg and a sprinkling of feta and parsley, if desired.