Cumin Dusted Lamb Chops with Turkish Salad
Total Time: 50 mins
Hands-on Time: 40 mins
Makes: 4 servings
FOR THE BONE-IN LAMB CHOPS:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon Single Origin by Simply Organic Turkish Cumin
1 teaspoon Single Origin by Simply Organic Turkish Oregano
2 racks of lamb, excess fat trimmed, cut into double rib portions
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE TURKISH SALAD:
1 large hot-house cucumber, seeded and diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground Single Origin by Simply Organic Sri Lankan Black Peppercorn to taste
Pomegranate molasses, optional, for drizzling
Crumbled feta, optional
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high.
- In a large, deep bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and oregano and whisk to combine. Add lamb and toss to coat, making sure meat is well coated in marinade. Season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes while grill preheats.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and mint leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place lamb on grill and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare (to 135 degrees). Remove from heat and tent with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes. The internal temperature of the lamb should rise to 145 degrees for the perfect medium rare.
- To serve, place prepared salad on a large platter and top with lamb, pomegranate molasses and feta (if using).
From this recipe
Simply Organic Single Origin by Simply Organic Turkish Cumin, Organic 1.96 oz. SKU: 19825$8.99
Simply Organic Single Origin by Simply Organic Turkish Oregano, Organic 0.52 oz. SKU: 19827$8.99
Simply Organic Single Origin by Simply Organic Sri Lankan Black Peppercorn, Organic 2.15 oz. SKU: 19829$8.99