FOR THE VANILLA LEMON WHIPPED CREAM:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Lemon Flavor
FOR THE VANILLA INFUSED SIMPLE SYRUP:
⅓ cup sugar
⅓ cup water
½ teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
FOR THE TRIFLE:
Traditional trifle bowl or 3- to 4-quart deep serving dish
7 ounces ladyfingers
3 to 4 tablespoons simple syrup
2 cups vanilla-lemon whipped cream
12 ounces fresh or frozen (then thawed) red raspberries
- Chill mixing bowl in freezer for 15min.
- Into chilled bowl, add whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and lemon flavor.
- Whip in a stand mixer or with electric hand mixer for 5 to 7 minutes, until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan, add sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat for approximately 2 minutes until sugar has dissolved, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Line bottom of serving dish with ladyfingers.
- Drizzle with a modest amount of vanilla simple syrup.
- Add a layer of vanilla lemon whipped cream.
- Add a layer of raspberries.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 until top of dish is reached.
- Loosely cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or overnight before serving. (Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.)
To Make the Vanilla Lemon Whipped Cream:
To Make the Vanilla Infused Simple Syrup:
To Make the Trifle:
Just before serving, sprinkle lemon zest and sliced or slivered almonds for garnish.
Substitute brandy, flavored or traditional, for the Vanilla Infused Simple Syrup.
Save leftover simple syrup for homemade drinks.