Vanilla Snickerdoodle Cookies
Total Time: 1 hrs
Hands-on Time: 25 mins
Makes: About 4 dozen cookies
FOR THE COOKIES:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon sea or Himalayan pink salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
FOR THE CINNAMON-SUGAR COATING:
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Ceylon Cinnamon
1 pinch sea or Himalayan pink salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar at medium-high speed for 4 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and vanilla paste, continuing to mix, then add eggs one at a time. Mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hand-shape chilled dough into balls about ping-pong-ball size. Roll each in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat well.
- On prepared baking sheet, place cookie balls 2 to 3 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass measuring cup or large drinking glass, press cookie balls to flatten to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake on center rack for 7 to 8 minutes. Cookies should come out slightly under-baked, so they are soft enough to bite into once frozen if using for ice cream sandwiches. Cool cookies completely on wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
To Make the Dough:
To Make the Cookies:
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Vanilla Bean Paste 4 fl. oz. SKU: 19854$17.99
Simply Organic Simply Organic Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract 4 fl. oz. SKU: 18532$21.59
Simply Organic Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Ground 2.08 oz. SKU: 19515$10.89
Simply Organic Simply Organic Vanilla Bean Paste 2 fl. oz. SKU: 19853$9.99