Strawberry Banana Bread Cookies
Total Time: 1 hrs 15 mins
Hands-on Time: 45 mins
Makes: 36 cookies
½ cup refined coconut oil, room temperature
¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
⅔ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
¾ cup mashed ripe banana, room temperature (about 2 large bananas)
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
2 cups quick-cooking oats
¾ cup ¼- to ⅛-inch-chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir oil by hand until softened and smooth. Add sugars; using the paddle attachment, beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes, until well combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg. Add banana and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture all at once; beat at medium-low speed until nearly combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add oats; beat just until combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Using a 1½-tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough and place at least 1½ inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake, one pan at a time for 8 to 12 minutes, until edges and tops are just set but centers still seem slightly underdone, rotating pan halfway through baking. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes and serve warm, or let cool completely on wire racks.
A 3½- to 4-inch round cutter can be used to form still-warm cookies into a more circular shape, if desired. Place cutter around 1 cookie; gently move cutter in a circular motion while making contact with edges of cookie until desired shape is reached. Repeat as needed.