Umami Zucchini Breakfast Skillet
Total Time: 35 mins
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium red potatoes, cut into small bite-sized cubes
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons Simply Organic Original Umami Blend
4 vegan or regular sausage links, cut into ½-inch cubes
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 large zucchini, shredded
4 large eggs
½ cup feta cheese
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Simply Organic Crushed Red Chili Peppers, to taste
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, stirring to coat with oil. Let brown and crisp for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown and potatoes are al dente. Add umami blend seasoning and stir to coat each potato well.
- Add sausage and let each piece sear and develop a crispy layer. This may take up to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Add additional umami blend if desired.
- Increase heat to high and add tomatoes and zucchini, gently stirring to combine.
- Crack each egg into a separate part of the pan; cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Top with feta, tomatoes and red chili flakes to serve.