1 packageSO Guacamole dip
1 can (15-ounces) no salt added black beans
3/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
1/2 cup hot water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 cup shiitake or Portobello mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
1. Mix the black bean dip with the water. Set aside.
2. In a saute pan over medium-low heat, add a Tbs of oil, mushrooms, and onions. Caramelize until golden brown and tender, remove from pan and mix with black bean mixture.
3. Lightly spray one side of a tortilla, place on a skillet heated over medium heat. Add a 1/3 of the black bean mixture, spread evenly over the tortilla, and sprinkle a 1/3 cup of cheese over the top. Top with another tortilla.
4. Lightly spray the top of the tortilla. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Repeat for each quesadilla.
5. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into triangles, serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Chef Suggestions Substitute onions and mushrooms for your favorite vegetables
Serve with a side of prepared Simply Organic Guacamole Mix.
Garnish with sour cream and prepared Simply Organic Salsa Mix.