Spicy Noodle Bowl
Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 60 mins
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Simply Organic Ginger Root, Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1 teaspoon SO Crushed Hot Red Pepper org
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon SO Crushed Hot Red Pepper org
- 1 tablespoon SO Garlic N Herb organic
- 2 tablespoons SO Black Sesame Seed Organic
- 1 ounce dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, skin on and quartered
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 pieces lemongrass, tender white inner bulb only, smashed with the back of a chef's knife
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, whites roughly chopped and greens thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (plus more if you desire extra spice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- juice of one lime
- 4 heads baby bok choy, halved and washed thoroughly
- 10 ounces dried ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon kelp flakes
- toppings: soft-boiled eggs, radishes, thinly sliced micro greens
1. Cover the shiitake mushrooms with 1 cup of boiling water and let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Combine ½ tablespoon Simply Organic Ground Ginger, Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Simply Organic Garlic Powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork tenderloin.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven and once sizzling, add pork. Sear the pork until the flesh is golden brown all over. Set pork aside.
3. To the same dutch oven add the onion, carrots, lemongrass and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly charred. Nestle pork back into the dutch oven and roast for about 15-20 minutes, flipping the pork halfway through.
4. Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the dutch oven. Place pork on a cutting board and tent it with foil, letting it rest while you prepare your broth.
5. Add the dutch oven to your stove top and set it over medium heat. Add the remaining Simply Organic Ground Ginger to the dutch oven and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the roughly chopped scallion whites and cook for another minute or two. Strain the shiitake mushroom liquid into the pot, deglazing the pan in the process. Rinse the rehydrated mushrooms; set aside.
6. Once the mushroom liquid reaches a simmer add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for at least 30 minutes. Strain the broth into a clean pot and whisk in the the sambal oelek, soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice. Bring to a simmer and add your bok choy and chopped mushrooms. Let cook for about 3 minutes, or until bok choy is tender. Thinly slice your pork and add it back into the broth to keep warm while you prepare your noodles.
7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your ramen noodles according to package directions.
8. Add cooked noodles to a bowl and top with the prepared broth, vegetables and pork. Mix the ingredients for the Ramen Spice mix (1/2 tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 1 tbsp Garlic N’ Herb, 2 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds, 1 tbsp kelp flakes) together in a bowl and use to garnish your soup. Finish with optional toppings like soft-boiled eggs, thinly sliced radishes and chopped cilantro and serve.
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Sesame Seed 3.28 oz. SKU: 19551$5.12
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic 'N Herb 3.10 oz. SKU: 18605$5.06
Simply Organic Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper 1.59 oz. SKU: 18603$3.98
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Pepper, Medium Grind 2.31 oz. SKU: 18523$5.01
Simply Organic Simply Organic Ginger Root, Ground 1.64 oz. SKU: 18518$4.52
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz. SKU: 18516$6.09