1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon orange juice (or juice from an orange)
1 tablespoon honey
1 pound wild-caught salmon (such as sockeye or coho), cut into 4-ounce pieces
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Sesame Seeds
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
1 medium orange, sliced
Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate (about 1/2 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice and honey. Generously brush the mixture on top of the salmon filets.
3. In another small bowl, whisk together dried spices. Sprinkle over the top of the salmon filets.
4. Place 1 orange slice on top of each salmon filet. Brush orange slices with remaining oil and orange juice mixture, then bake salmon for 12 minutes. Turn oven off and turn broiler on low. Broil the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes, until tops of oranges and salmon are caramelized.
5. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve hot.
Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon and how close your salmon is to the broiler.
To have the spice mixture ready to go when you need it, prepare it ahead of time and store in an air-tight jar at room temperature. When you're ready to make the salmon, simply shake jar and sprinkle onto salmon. It can also be used on other varieties of fish. To save clean-up time, cover baking sheet with parchment paper before adding salmon.
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Sesame Seeds 3.70 oz. SKU: 18612$5.49
Simply Organic Simply Organic Onion Powder 3.00 oz. SKU: 18608$6.19
Simply Organic Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper 1.59 oz. SKU: 18603$5.49
Simply Organic Simply Organic Ginger Root, Ground 1.64 oz. SKU: 18518$6.19
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz. SKU: 18516$8.31