1/2 ounce agave nectar
1/2 ounce hot water
1/2 cup blackberries, plus more for garnish
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ginger
2 lemons, juiced
2 ounces crème de mure (blackberry liquor)
3 ounces dry gin
Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together agave nectar and hot water until the agave dissolves. Set aside to cool.
2. In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries until they are broken and juicy.
3. Add agave simply syrup, ginger, lemon juice, crème de mure and gin to the shaker and shake well.
4. Strain the cocktail to remove blackberry seeds, then divide evenly between 2 glasses filled with ice.
5. Garnish with mint sprigs and fresh blackberries.
If you're a big ginger fan, consider adding an additional 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger for an extra spicy kick.