Vegetarian Taquitos with Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce
Total Time: 55 mins
Hands-on Time: 25 mins
Makes: 6 servings
FOR THE MUSHROOM FILLING:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar (16 ounces) button mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
FOR THE BLACK BEAN MIX:
½ medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 package Simply Organic Southwest Taco Simmer Sauce
FOR FINISHING THE TACOS:
12 yellow corn tortillas
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup Cotija cheese
1 avocado, sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
Pico de gallo, for dipping
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté about 5 minutes. Add garlic powder and onion powder and set aside.
- In same skillet, sauté fresh onion and garlic for about 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent.
- Add black beans and simmer sauce; stir, and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavors are combined.
- Warm tortillas in oven for 2 to 5 minutes, until soft.
- Place a few spinach leaves, 3 tablespoons mushrooms and 1 tablespoon black bean mix into each tortilla; sprinkle with Cotija cheese. Roll tightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place rolled taquitos seam side down on an oiled or parchment-lined sheet pan and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. (See below for Air Fryer directions.)
- Top with additional Cotija cheese (if desired), avocado, tomato and cilantro.
- Dip in pico de gallo and enjoy!
- Place rolled taquitos in air fryer ½ inch apart, seam side down.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
To Bake in Air Fryer: