Carrot Ribbon Salad with Middle Eastern Spiced Dressing
Total Time: 25 mins
Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
A fresh, colorful carrot ribbon salad recipe — with creamy feta cheese and crunchy pistachios, tossed in a tangy dressing featuring cumin, coriander and bright paprika. This Middle Eastern-inspired side dish easily compliments fish or chicken, and comes together quickly enough to be a great weeknight standby.
FOR THE DRESSING:
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Coriander
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Paprika
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
FOR THE SALAD:
3/4 cup raw pistachios, shelled
8 large carrots (about 1 pound), peeled
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for garnish
Simply Organic Black Sesame Seed, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a small, rimmed baking sheet, spread pistachios evenly and toast for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave carrots into thin ribbons.
- In a large salad bowl, combine carrot ribbons, toasted pistachios and parsley. Toss until well combined.
- Toss salad with dressing, then gently fold in feta.
- Serve in small bowls, garnished with parsley, feta and black sesame seeds.
To Make the Dressing:
To Make the Salad:
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz. SKU: 18516$8.31
Simply Organic Simply Organic Cumin Seed, Ground 2.31 oz. SKU: 18514$5.99
Simply Organic Simply Organic Coriander Seed, Ground 2.29 oz. SKU: 18602$5.89
Simply Organic Simply Organic Paprika, Ground 2.96 oz. SKU: 18765$6.49
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Sesame Seed 3.28 oz. SKU: 19551$6.59