FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
20 Brussels sprouts (about 1 1⁄2 pounds), halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
FOR THE BROWN BUTTER:
1 cup butter (salted or unsalted)
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Sage
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- On baking sheet, evenly spread Brussels sprouts cut-side down. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sage and garlic powder. Cook, checking frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown but not burnt.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and stir until well blended, then pour into a serving bowl.
- Thread about 5 Brussels sprout halves through each of 8 skewers. Serve immediately with brown butter.
To Make the Brussels Sprouts:
To Make the Brown Butter: