1 3/4 cups bulgur
3 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 package Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup mushroom broth, divided
8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
18 tostada shells, divided
Sliced green onion, for garnish
Sliced radishes, for garnish
Fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium-sized pot over high heat, combine bulgur and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes, then drain and set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, until translucent.
4. In a large bowl, combine bulgur, onion, taco seasoning mix, crushed red pepper, tomatoes, 1/2 cup mushroom broth and 4 ounces shredded cheese.
5. In the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, arrange 6 tostada shells. Top with 1/3 bulgur mixture. Top with 2 more layers of tostada shells and bulgur mixture. Pour remaining 1/2 cup mushroom broth evenly over the top of the assembled casserole.
6. Top with remaining 4 ounces shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
7. Remove from oven and garnish with green onion, radishes and cilantro.