1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Southwest Seasoning, divided
30 to 35 corn tortilla chips, divided
4 ounces grated Mexican blend cheese, divided
1 red pepper, diced, divided
1 jalapeño, sliced
1/2 avocado, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
3. Add black beans and 1 teaspoon southwest seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. On a baking sheet, spread half the tortilla chips in an even layer.
5. Spoon half the bean mixture on top of the chips, then half the cheese and peppers. Repeat with another layer of tortilla chips, bean mixture, cheese and peppers.
6. Top with jalapeño slices and remaining ½ teaspoon southwest seasoning. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
7. Top with avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Serve hot.
For a non-vegetarian version, add cooked shredded chicken or ground beef.