2 pounds beets (color of choice)
1 1/2 teaspoons grapeseed or olive oil
1 pinch Frontier Sea Salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Scrub the beets and pat them dry with a paper towel. Chop off the tip and tail, and discard. You can leave the peel on or peel the beets.
3. Place your mandoline slicer on the 1/8-inch setting and slice the beets.
4. Place beet slices in a mixing bowl and drizzle the oil and Simply Organic Vegetable Seasoning over the slices. Use your hands to toss the chips and evenly coat them with oil and seasoning.
5. Evenly space beet slices on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place another same-size rimmed baking sheet directly on top of the sheet with the chips (such that the chips are sandwiched between two baking sheets).
6. Bake chips for 20 minutes, until juices have seeped out and slices have softened. Remove the top baking sheet, and flip beet slices to the other side using a spatula.
7. Bake chips for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, uncovered, or until golden brown and crispy. Beet chips burn quickly, so keep a close eye on them.
8. Sprinkle chips with desired amount of sea salt, and allow them to sit on the hot baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack (or a plate) to cool for 5 minutes.
9. Serve chips fresh out of the oven with your favorite dip.
Note if you slice beets to 1/16-inch thickness, bake chips at 350 degrees for slightly less time.
Make the perfect oven-baked beet chips with these tips for baking root vegetable chips