FOR THE CORNBREAD:
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
4 tablespoons butter, melted
FOR THE HONEY BUTTER:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then add buttermilk, honey and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add melted butter. Stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Spread batter into pan, then use a spatula to smooth top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine softened butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Use a mixer to whip for about 5 to 7 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve cornbread warm or at room temperature with honey butter.
To Make the Cornbread:
To Make the Honey Butter: