- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Medium Grind Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon SO Thyme leaf organic
- 1 teaspoon SO Rosemary leaf organic
- 1/2 teaspoon SO Sage ground organic
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) pumpkin, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt, divided
1. Heat butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt; cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are tender.
2. Add diced pumpkin, spinach, black beans, tomatoes, garlic, pepper, broth, thyme, rosemary, sage, chili powder, cayenne and remaining sea salt.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
When shopping for your pumpkin, check your local farmer’s market for cooking variety pumpkins such as the “small sugar” or “pie pumpkin” varieties.
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz. SKU: 18761$4.08
Simply Organic Simply Organic Chili Powder 2.89 oz. SKU: 18760$4.25
Simply Organic Simply Organic Thyme Leaf 0.78 oz. SKU: 18613$3.91
Simply Organic Simply Organic Sage Leaf Ground 1.41 oz. SKU: 18611$4.15
Simply Organic Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf Whole 1.23 oz. SKU: 18610$3.64
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Pepper, Medium Grind 2.31 oz. SKU: 18523$5.01