FOR THE POACHED GINGER PEARS
1. In a large saucepan, bring water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon sticks and pears to a boil. Reduce to a lively simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until soft.
2. Once soft, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Remove the pears from the “syrup.”
FOR THE MIMOSA
1. At the bottom of a glass, place 1 to 2 pears and the pomegranate seeds.
2. Fill half the glass with champagne or wine and the remaining half with pomegranate juice.
3. Garnish with any additional toppings from the choices above.