1 teaspoonSO Turmeric ground org
2 3/4 cups water, divided
4 tablespoons honey, divded
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup hulled, sliced strawberries
For the turmeric lemonade
1. In a small pot, combine 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons honey. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve honey.
2. Pour mixture into a heatproof jar, add lemon juice and turmeric and stir to combine.
3. Refrigerate until cooled.
For the strawberries
1. In a small sauce pot over medium-low heat, combine strawberries, 2 tablespoons honey and 1/4 cup water.
2. Bring to a low simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking up strawberries with a wooden spoon.
3. In a food processor, add strawberry mixture and puree until smooth.
4. Place strawberry mixture in the refrigerator until cooled.
1. Fill two glasses with ice.
2. Add remaining 1/2 cup water to strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
3. Pour strawberry puree into bottom of each glass.
4. Pour turmeric lemonade gently on top and do not stir, so the two colors stay somewhat unmixed.
5. Garnish with fresh strawberry slices, mint and/or basil leaves.