Mini Vanilla Chocolate Vegan Cheesecakes
Total Time: 0 hrs 40 mins
Hands-on Time: 0 hrs 40 mins
Makes: 12 servings
1/2 teaspoonSimply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
1 teaspoonSimply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract 2 fl. oz.
1 1/2 cups pitted dates, soaked in warm water to soften
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup full-fat coconut cream
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 medium-sized lemon, juiced
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Fresh berries, for garnish
TO MAKE THE CRUST
1. Line two muffin tins with 12 cupcake liners.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine dates, cinnamon, oats and shredded coconut and blend until crumbly. Do not over blend or process, or the crust will turn into a paste.
3. Press around 1 tablespoon of the crust into each cup.
4. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
1. In a food processor or blender, combine cashews, coconut oil, coconut cream, maple syrup and lemon.
2. Blend until the smooth consistency of pudding.
3. Reserve 3⁄4 cup of the vanilla filling to mix with cocoa. Spoon filling into each cup, filling each half full.
4. Blend cocoa powder and reserved filling until well blended.
5. Spoon the remaining filling into each cup, then freeze the cheesecakes for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Thaw for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
7. Serve with fresh blackberries, blueberries or raspberries.
8. Store leftover cheesecakes in the freezer.