Lemon and Black Pepper Salmon Bowl with Green Goddess Sauce
Total Time: 40 mins
Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Makes: 4 servings
1 cup dry bulgur
2 cups water
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Lemon Pepper
4 skin-on salmon fillets (4 ounces each), patted dry
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, minced and stems discarded
3 sprigs fresh tarragon, minced and stems discarded
1/3 bunch chives, minced
3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, to taste
2 cups snap peas, halved on the bias
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack set in the middle position and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, toast bulgur for 5 minutes. Add water and cook for about 12 minutes, until bulgur is tender. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and lemon pepper.
4. On the lined baking sheet, arrange salmon fillets. Brush with glaze and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until flesh easily flakes with a fork and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 135 to 145 degrees.
5. In a food processor, combine parsley, tarragon, chives, yogurt, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, olive oil, anchovy paste, remaining 1 teaspoon honey, remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, garlic powder and black pepper. Blend for 2 minutes until well combined and smooth. Season with salt if desired.
6. Divide bulgur among serving bowls. Top with salmon, peas and Green Goddess sauce.
To decrease the prep time before serving, make the bulgur, glaze and sauce up to 3 days in advance.