Sneaky Blueberry Muffins
Total Time: 55 mins
Hands-on Time: 20 mins
Makes: 20 servings
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Nutmeg
1 cup buttermilk
3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cooking oil (vegetable, grapeseed, coconut, etc.)
1 cup puréed vegetable or fruit (such as squash, sweet potato, carrot, apple, peach)
3 medium ripe bananas, peeled
1 1/4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or line a muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, puréed vegetable or fruit and bananas. Mix until well combined.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and whisk in wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
5. Divide mixture into muffin pan. Bake for about 18 to 22 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
6. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then move muffins to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days, or freeze them.