1/4 teaspoonSimply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
1/8 teaspoonSimply Organic Black Pepper, Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 English muffins, sliced in half
8 ounces smoked salmon
1/4 cup freshly chopped chives
1. Melt 1/2 cup butter in microwave or over stovetop.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and 4 egg yolks. Whisk vigorously until light, frothy and doubled in volume.
3. Place bowl over pan of simmering water, being careful not to let water touch the bowl or mixture may get to hot and cause eggs to begin to scramble). Continue to whisk until mixture thickens.
4. Slowly stream in melted butter, whisking until thick. Remove from heat and add cayenne, black pepper and salt. Cover and set aside.
5. Bring a 10-inch skillet half full of water to a boil, then add vinegar. Reduce heat to low, so water is gently simmering.
6. Gently break 1 egg into warm water and cook for about 4 minutes, until egg white is set. Repeat with remaining 7 eggs.
7. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, draining away excess water. Meanwhile, toast and spread reamining 2 tablespoons butter onto English muffins.
8. To assemble, place a few slices of salmon on each muffin half, then top with a poached egg, a spoonful of Hollandaise sauce and chives.