3/4 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 teaspoons Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cardamom
1 pinch sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
8 slices bread
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 ripe bananas, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
3. Working with one slice at a time, dip bread into egg mixture and turn gently, allowing both sides to soak up mixture.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook slices for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Place bread on a rimmed baking sheet and transfer to oven to warm.
5. Working with the same skillet over medium heat, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add brown sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir until sugar has dissolved. When mixture begins to bubble around the edges, add banana slices and stir to coat.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, until bananas begin to brown.
7. Serve French toast hot with a generous spoonful of caramelized bananas, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkling of cinnamon and cardamom.